Since BoardFree began we've been doing what we can to help people of all ages get into longboarding. The sport seems to induce a passion in folk that doesn't always need to be sated on a long journey. Skating has proven to be an enjoyable, efficient and green way to keep fit and commute to work, and we're delighted to have encouraged anyone into trying out their own set of wheels.
The BoardFree Initiative continues to offer a longboard school for beginners, and in April 2009 Dave founded This Is Your Freedom to continue BoardFree's work in advising and promoting charitable journeys for charity, ensuring that the efforts of few serve to benefit many. Whatever you're riding on, whether it's a longboard, a bike, a canoe or even your feet, This Is Your Freedom will help you kick start your charity mission.
Hello! BoardFree is here to help you find your feet on a longboard. Whether you want to incorporate exercise into the way you get around town or simply want a shiny new hobby, longboarding gives you the chance to move around in a brand new way; think snowboarding on concrete. Let's face it, we're surrounded with the grey stuff, so let's take advantage.
Most beginners have a fear of falling, but we have no intention of letting you fall during our lessons. First rule: always skate within your limits.
You'll be taught to skate by Dave Cornthwaite, the BoardFree founder who skated the length of Britain and the width of Australia on route to breaking the Guinness World Record for the longest distance ever skated.
BoardFree is the only skate school in the world that teaches people on rollsrolls longboards. These boards are low to the ground, are very stable and have big wheels so they roll further with each push. Perfect for beginners and smooth as you like...
We're currently based in Wiltshire but Dave travels to London regularly and is often available to travel especially for group sessions.
Lessons are £20 for the first hour, and £10 for each hour after that. We recommend absolute beginners have at least 2 hours of lessons before venturing off on their own. Repeat lessons on different days will be charged as new (we have to take transport costs into account each session, hence the more expensive first hour)
- £5 discount on BoardFree t-shirt (RRP £10)
- £15 discount on BoardFree hoody (RRP £35)
Colour & sizes dependent on stock, please let us know if you want a hoody or tee in advance of your lesson.
Packages (Ideal Presents!)
- £50 package: Two hour lesson, a BoardFree t-shirt and hoodie, and a signed copy of BoardFree, Dave Cornthwaite's epic book following his adventures on the two founding BoardFree journeys.
- Party bookings (price arranged on contact): Have Dave Cornthwaite turn up at your party, give a visual talk about his BoardFree journeys and offer longboarding lessons on rollsrolls boards.
- Corporate sessions (price arranged on contact): Dave's speaking tour has offered a unique and motivational insight to business groups, and longboarding lessons are an excellent addition to a session where activity is needed.